Warning: Alcohol Found In Dog Product

0
564

Even small amounts of alcohol are dangerous to your dog.  That’s why this warning: alcohol found in dog product is so important.

Some foolish people think it’s funny to give their dogs booze — but we don’t!

So imagine our shock when we discovered that Petco was selling a pet supplement with 13% alcohol in it.

Booze in Dog Supplement

Here’s the full story – first reported in The Dodo.

Warning: Alcohol Found In Dog Product

Petco has pulled the plug on a product for dogs that contains enough booze to get some humans intoxicated.

The pet supply company confirmed in an email to The Dodo that Good Dog Pet Calming Supplement— a “homeopathic” treatment that contains a whopping 13 percent alcohol — will no longer be sold in its stores.

Petco spokesperson David Hallisey issued the following statement, offering to buy back bottles of Good Dog from concerned pet owners:

The health and safety of pets and people is Petco’s top priority. We sell a variety of calming remedies for pets with anxiety and also recommend that pet parents consult with their vet to ensure that there are no underlying health issues. In light of recent concerns expressed by some of our customers with regard to Good Dog Pet Calming Supplement, and this product’s alcohol content, we have decided to issue a voluntary recall, effective immediately. While we are unaware of any instances of this product causing illness when used as directed, customers can return this product to any of our stores for a full refund of their purchase.

Booze is Dangerous To Dogs – Their Liver Is Different

The reason alcohol needs a warning is that your dog’s liver doesn’t handle alcohol the same way as humans.  Our beloved pets don’t have an essential enzyme needed to metabilize alcohol efficiently … making it far more dangerous.

 

Petco Pulls The Product

Thank heavens Petco has decided to pull the nasty, dangerous product (Good Dog Pet Calming Supplement) with high levels of alcohol in it.

But this warning is important for another reason …. always read the labels when buying anything for your dog!

 

Help us spread the word about dangerous products

Please click the big blue Facebook share button below to share this on Facebook – we all need to fight against big companies that make dangerous and irresponsible products.

Thanks!

 

Comments

comments

NO COMMENTS